Questions for Recruiters
Here are some
questions you should ask recruiters in some form or another. Listen to their
answers and be critical. And don't be lulled by the slick words and exciting
- Why do 65% of recruits who pay
the required $1200 into the Montgomery GI Bill to be eligible never get a dime
- Why is the pay for lower
enlisteds near or below the poverty line?
- Why are there enlisted families
on food stamps in order to survive?
- How does getting yelled at and
ordered around provide self-discipline?
- How can an organization that
dehumanizes the "enemy" in order to kill it enhance my value as a humane
- Why do people of color represent
1/3 of all enlisted personnel but only 1/8 of the officers?
- How can the military justify
dropping bombs on civilian targets, killing innocent women and children?
- How is killing or dying for oil
- What happens to me if my
conscience is in conflict with orders and I follow my conscience?
- Why is it that the people we are
supposed to be protecting often end up staring at us with undisguised hatred?
- Why do veterans earn less than
- Why are veterans imprisoned more
- Why are 1/3 of all homeless